Camp Counsellor - Full Time / À Temps Plein
Organization Overview:Apply Now Save Listing Share Listing Print Listing
Four Directions Aboriginal Student Centre Website IconFacebook IconTwitter Icon
Industry Sector: Sports and Recreation / Sports et loisirs
Four Directions Aboriginal Student Centre strives to be a home away from home for Indigenous students and a site of information and support for the broader Queen's community. It is a hub of activity and we welcome and encourage everyone to drop in and learn about the supports and services available.
Job Listing #1202
Camp Counsellor • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 04 May 2018
Application Deadline: 16 May 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Sports and Recreation / Sports et loisirs
Hours Per Week: 30 hours/week
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 14$/hour
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Four Directions Aboriginal Summer Camp is looking to hire 2 dedicated and enthusiastic Summer Camp Counsellors to provide cultural & recreational programming, supervision and facilitation each week for our Free Aboriginal youth summer camp for ages 9-12.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure safe delivery of summer camp programming.
- Prepare for and facilitate weekly programming
- Observe and assess participant behaviour, and react accordingly in applying appropriate behaviour-management techniques, enforcing safety regulations, and/or emergency procedures.
- Be aware of participant dietary/medical needs and be responsible to administer medications (epi-pen, inhaler, etc.)
- Maintain communication with the parents/guardians of summer camp participants.
- Maintain communication, and attend regular meetings with Assistant Councilors, the Early Outreach Initiative Coordinator, and the Aboriginal Community Outreach Liaison as to the happenings and nature of daily programming
- Keep accurate records including incident reports, attendance, participant dietary/medical needs etc.
Applicants must be enrolled in post-secondary education.
Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to apply.
- High energy, able to motivate others.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently, taking initiative in problem solving and decision making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and time management skills.
- Ability to formulate a trustworthy and credible relationship with youth.
- Experience working with Aboriginal youth is a strong asset, and experience working with children in a camp or other educational setting is preferred.
Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply – please apply with resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com / 146 Barrie St. Kingston ON K7L 3N6
You have viewed this listing 1 times.