Township of South FrontenacWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Municipal government - township
Job Listing #1203
Public education/Museum Coordinator (Student) • Student, Internship, Co-Op / Etudiant, Stage Cooperative
Date Posted: 04 May 2018
Application Deadline: 18 May 2018
Location: Frontenac County
Category: Customer Service / Service à la clientèle
Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $15.25
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
The Township of South Frontenac is seeking an enthusiastic ambassador to act as an information resource to the Public on the programs and services offered by the Township. This position also provides supports to the Township of South Frontenac Museum and the Portland District and Area Heritage Society.
Hours of Work: This is a seasonal student position based on 40 hours a week. Applicants must have been a student in 2018 and be returning to school in the fall of 2018.The successful candidate must be available evenings and weekends for event related activities.
Public Education Component
- Acts as the Public Education Coordinator and deliver information on the various programs and services offered by the Township
- Plans, designs and implements promotional and educational programs for the Township of South Frontenac
- Develops, provides set-up and attends displays at events/facilities etc.
- Plans, organizes and participates in special events including the distribution of related information.
- Works closely with the Recreation Supervisor and participates in the promotion and education of Recreation programs and events.
- Develops and maintains consistent messaging and success measurement on various communication medium platforms.
- Provides updates to website content.
- Assists in identifying and distributing Township promotional items/‘swag’.
- Other duties as assigned.
Museum Coordinator Component (In cooperation with the Portland & District Heritage Society)
- Assist in the planning and presentation of student, senior and community programs/workshops, as time permits;
- Assist in the establishment of static and temporary displays;
- Act as Museum Interpreter during operational hours, meeting the public, providing tours and historical information and tracking visitor data, in collaboration with the Museum docents;
- Assist Society volunteers in the accessioning, identification, cataloguing, labelling, displaying and possible disposal of donations and artifacts;
- Assist in keeping media platforms and the Museum website current and inviting;
- Provide regular reports and updates to the Society and the Recreation Supervisor as requested;
- Be creative and confident in suggesting programs and improvements to the Museum's operation.
- Post-secondary education
- Must be a student and be returning to school in the fall of 2018
- Experience with communications, advertising, promotions, public relations or related discipline.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with public education and interacting with the public.
- Familiarity with graphic design, desktop publishing an asset.
- Bilingualism an asset.
- Valid class "G" driver's licence, insurance and vehicle to travel.
Skills and Knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Township Operations
- Basic knowledge of the museum programs / events.
- Strong written and verbal skills for communicating effectively with diverse audiences in a clear, concise, professional manner.
- Must be well organized and able to respond to unexpected changes.
Ability to plan and prioritize tasks
We look forward to hearing from you by 4:00 pm on Friday, May 18, 2018.
Resumes and student application forms (available at our website at http://www.southfrontenac.net/en/town-hall/careers.asp?_mid_=13022 )
may be emailed in confidence to:
Sherry Corneil, Human Resources/Legislative Compliance Officer
Township of South Frontenac at email@example.com
You have viewed this listing 1 times.